What HVAC Maintenance Should You Leave to the Pros?
You’d much rather take work into your own hands rather than paying someone else to do it. Who wouldn’t? However, homeowners in Lake Placid, Florida, may regret taking on HVAC maintenance better left to professionals. By leaving most HVAC maintenance to the pros, you’ll have a more efficient cooling system.
What HVAC Maintenance You Should Leave to the Pros
You should leave most HVAC maintenance to professional service technicians. That’s because they have the knowledge and expertise to get the job done right. Specifically, you should call service technicians to do the following:
- Replace broken or worn components
- Clean the interior section of your system, including ductwork
- Calibrate your thermostat for optimal energy efficiency
- Clean, lubricate and adjust your outdoor compressor unit
- Clean the condensate drain
Here’s a safe rule to live by: If you’re not sure how to do it yourself, leave the maintenance task to a professional. It’s not worth it to take the chance of damaging your system or injuring yourself.
What HVAC Maintenance You Can Tackle Yourself
While you should leave most of your HVAC maintenance to professional service technicians, there are a number of DIY tasks you can complete to reduce strain on your system, cut utility costs and improve comfort. Here are some HVAC maintenance tasks you can do yourself:
- Change your air filter. Your HVAC system’s air filter slowly clogs with the dust, dirt and other particles it attracts. This reduces indoor air quality and energy efficiency. Change your air filter once a month.
- Clean around your HVAC system. You shouldn’t clean the interior of your system. But you can improve efficiency by cleaning around your indoor air handler and outdoor condenser unit.
With the right combination of professional and DIY HVAC maintenance, your cooling system will provide the comfort you deserve. To schedule your professional maintenance appointment, call Miller’s Central Air, Inc. at 863-699-5455.
Image provided by Thinkstock
You May Also Like
The general comfort level in your Lake Placid, FL, home depends on much more than just the temperature. Indoor air quality (IAQ)… Continue Reading 4 Common Threats to Indoor Air Quality in Lake Placid, FL…
If you’re still using a manual thermostat to control your HVAC system, it’s high time for an upgrade. These are three benefits… Continue Reading 3 Benefits of Replacing Your Manual Thermostat in Seawalls Point, FL…
Heat pumps are impressive devices that provide countless indoor comfort benefits to millions of people living in Sebring, FL , nd beyond.… Continue Reading How Have Heat Pumps Changed Over Time in Sebring, FL?…