Determining the Best Type of Insulation for Your Home

Have you noticed higher than normal energy bills? Or maybe you’ve realized your Lake Placid, Florida, home doesn’t feel as comfortable. The possible culprit behind your comfort problems and poor efficiency could be worn or damaged insulation. If you think your insulation may need an upgrade, the first step is determining which type will best suit your needs. Read on to learn more.

Blanket Batts and Rolls

Blanket batts and rolls are some of the most common kinds of insulation. They’re made from fiberglass, mineral wool, plastic fibers or cotton and the cheapest and easiest to install. The batts and rolls easily roll and fit between your wall studs and attic rafters. You can get it in varying levels of thickness and performance. It’s generally not as effective as some of the other methods and does have the drawback of being prone to water damage.

Spray Foam

Spray foam insulation is a liquid polyurethane used sprayed into the areas where your home needs insulation. It’ll then expand into a solid foam, filling in leaks. It can be the ideal option if you have areas with a lot of difficult-to-reach spots. It can survive minor water damage and is highly energy-efficient. You can choose from closed-cell, which is the highest-rated for efficiency, or open-cell, which is a little less efficient. The only drawback to this kind of insulation is that it can be expensive. Therefore, you’ll need to consider your budget before purchasing it.

Blown-In Insulation

Another option is blown-in insulation, which uses a machine to blow material that’s similar to shredded paper into the space. It can be made of cellulose material, fiberglass or mineral wool. It’s convenient because it can fit into any type of space and can be very efficient because it’s densely packed.

Ready for an insulation upgrade? Contact us at 863-699-5455. Miller’s Central Air, Inc. will help you choose the right type for your home.

Image provided by Shutterstock

You May Also Like

Discussing Heat Pumps
January 23, 2023

What’s the Difference Between Furnaces and Heat Pumps?

Winter temperatures stay fairly mild around Venus, FL, but you still need a heater for the colder evenings. That said, there’s a… Continue Reading What’s the Difference Between Furnaces and Heat Pumps?

Read More…

Hvac Issues In Older Homes
December 29, 2022

6 HVAC Issues You May Experience in Older Homes in Lake Placid, FL

When purchasing a classic home, the efficiency and functionality of the HVAC system are among the factors you should consider. You will… Continue Reading 6 HVAC Issues You May Experience in Older Homes in Lake Placid, FL

Read More…

Thinking About Heat Pumps
December 23, 2022

4 Tips for Using Heat Pumps Efficiently This Winter

Heat pumps are a highly efficient way to heat your Avon Park, FL, home. But did you know you could be doing… Continue Reading 4 Tips for Using Heat Pumps Efficiently This Winter

Read More…

Compliance Settings
Increase Font Size
Simplified Font
Underline Links
Highlight Links